- Reuters: Gap in U.S. Black and white unemployment rates is widest in five years (July 2, 2020)
- NY Times: Businesses Want Virus Legal Protection. Workers Are Worried. (June 12, 2020)
- HLS Labor and Worklife Program: Worker Power and Voice in the Pandemic Response (2020)
- Economic Policy Institute: Why Unions Are Good for Workers – Especially in a Crisis Like COVID-19 (Aug. 25, 2020)
- NY Times: Why is OSHA AWOL? (June 21, 2020)
- Foreign Affairs: The Pandemic Hurts Countries that Don’t Value Workers — Weak Labor Protections Make the United States More Vulnerable to COVID-19 (Aug. 19, 2020)
- Rural Community Workers Alliance v. Smithfield Foods, Inc., 2020 WL 2145350 (W.D. Mo.)
- Fair Warning: Some Workers Sickened by Covid-19 Face an Extra Burden: Proving Where They Got It (Aug. 1, 2020)
- Kaiser Health News: Next Showdown in Congress: Protecting Workers vs. Protecting Employers in the Pandemic (July 13, 2020)
- Salon: Like many US workers, Trump staff has little recourse if asked to work alongside sick colleagues (Oct. 7, 2020)
- SSRN: Nonessential Businesses and Liability Waivers in the Time of COVID-19 (Oct. 6, 2020)
Live: Wednesday, October 14th 2020, 12-1pm
Watch the session here:
New Jersey was hit particularly hard by COVID-19 in spring of 2020. There were several factors contributing to its high ...
The pandemic has exposed a gap in our employment and disability laws—a lack of care for caregivers. The workforce is ...